Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009 Resolution: Weight Loss for My Wedding

In 24 hours many newly engaged women will pledge their new years resolution of losing weight for their big day. Some will stick to their weight loss regime while others may just give up or never even start. As a newlywed myself, I've been down this road and it's no fun. I set a goal to lose 15-20 lbs. before my April 2007 destination wedding. In the 4 months leading up to my big day, I tried and failed at 2 weight loss programs. The first program I tried was Nutri System. While, I did lose about 7lbs the first month; I got bored with the food. The next program I tried was Jenny Craig, I must say the food was absolutely delicious, but spending over $100.00 a week on food for one person was just too much for me. I'm not endorsing or bashing either program, but I do highly recommend doing a lot of research before you commit to any program. In the end, I did lose about 10lbs. for my wedding day and I felt wonderful and looked amazing. My advice for brides wanting to drop a few pre-wedding pounds is to set realistic goals, consult a physician before starting any program, and join a support network or online forum. Weight loss shouldn't be looked at as something to do for a special occasion it should be a lifestyle change you commit to just as you are committing yourself to your future spouse. Good luck and be safe and healthily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin